Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Beginnings

"I already love it and I haven't even put it in my mouth."**

No, this won't be that type of blog, but it will be that type of blog!  You see, I'm doing this for myself (and, well, maybe a bit because of the pressure from my wife, Mallory, and friends!).  Therefore, what I put on this blog will be what I want to be on there.  It won't be about telling you what to eat or drink, or where to go next.  It will be telling you about what I ate or drank, where I went, and where I want to go next!  That means that every now and then, you're going to get quotes like the one you see above.

This blog will be about tales of friends eating and drinking together in the best establishments around Baltimore and the world (totally our opinion, mind you!), thoughts I had about a certain meal or bottle of wine, and musings on our travels around this planet we spend our time on.  I've been told that it is I who (apparently) have the book knowledge about the things we do and the places we go, and my wife who has the ability to put her senses into words.  That means I'll get this out of the way now - The "notes" you may see on this blog about various wines will probably give you more background about the wine itself and what it may pair with, but will be a bit lighter on what you're "supposed" to smell or taste.  If you read about a scent or a taste in a post from me, it's most likely because it smacked me in the face like Daniel Plainview slapping Eli Sunday in There Will Be Blood. And you will almost never see me referencing a "score" or "points" in anything I myself write.

You will also most likely not see photos of dishes or presentations.  I'm really not one to pull out a camera in the middle of a dark dining room to take multiple-angle photographs of something that will be in my stomach a few minutes later.  For me to do so, the plate - or the place - needs to be absolutely striking.

Therefore, I truly hope any who comes across this blog enjoys what they read and maybe learns a thing or two.  The posting schedule might be a bit erratic at first until I get a rhythm down, and hopefully my blogging skills will improve the more I do post.  It will be my pleasure to share this aspect of my life with you, so please enjoy!

**To be explained in my first "real" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment